3rd International Conference at Aydın University : “Challenges in Literary Translation”
Call For Papers on Challenges in Literary Translation
In April 2016, we are very proud to be hosting the 3rd Istanbul Aydın University International Translation Conference with the chosen theme entitled “Challenges in Literary Translation“. The conference is organised under the auspices of School of Foreign Languages.
The conference will take place in Istanbul on 18-19 April 2016. All interested academics, researchers, translators and students are welcome to join and contribute with their academic work.
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 15 February 2016
Evaluation for Eligibility and Feedback to Authors: 24 February 2016
Deadline for Submission of Papers: 1 April 2016
The main topics are provided below. Details of each topic are intended to serve as guidance for papers.
Other subjects relevant to the main topics will be subject to assessment for eligibility:
- Literary Translation;
- Main aspects of literary translation,
- Historical development of literary translation,
- Translation as a driver of change in literary trends,
- Translated Literature,
- Translation Sociology;
- Social aspects of translation,
- Translation within a cultural and social context,
- Translation as a factor of social engineering,
- Translation within the global social trends,
- Censorship and Translation;
- Censorship of Translation,
- Historical Examples of Censorship within a Social Context,
- Auto-Censoring Tendencies of Literary Translators,
- Innovative Practices in Interpreting,
- Historical Aspects of Interpreting,
- Cognitive Challenges of Interpreting,
- Interpreter Training in Academic Context,
- Interpreter as a Mediator of International Relations,
- Translation Technology,
- Current Trends and Developments in Translation Technology,
- Translator Training within the Context of Technological Progression,
- The Future of Translation: Man or Machine?
- Localization as a New Branch of Translation,
The conference languages are both Turkish and English
Speakers are expected to send a 300-word abstract until 15th February 2016. The Screening Committee is entrusted with judging the quality of the proposals and has the right to accept/reject papers. The Screening Committee will be the same as the Editorial Board.
The papers presented in the conference will be published in the Conference Proceedings and the presenters and participants will be able to buy a copy of it in a couple of months after the conference. Further announcements will be made through conference website.
We hope that this event will provide an occasion for all of us to consider issues and share strategies, perspectives and new insights from a wide variety of contexts. We also hope that the friendships made and the insights gained at the conference will endure long beyond your visit and be further enriched by new contacts in years to come, leading to better understanding and appreciation of our profession.
We look forward to welcoming you in Istanbul in April 2016.
For detailed information please visit the conference
On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee
Assist. Prof. Dr. Muhammed NACAR
Director, School of Foreign Languages
Melik Ahmet EROL
School of Foreign Languages
Note: The papers delivered at the conference will be published in the Conference Proceedings.”